What would you rather?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Shoe to Drop


I am enjoying my new relationship n every way possible. My new man is everything I have been looking for, for a long time. He is like my check list; sexy, smart, athletic, motivated, educated, sweet, sexual, the list goes on…He gets along with my friends, my parents like him and I can spend many days with him without needing a break. Yes we have had discussions and mini-fights but I have nothing really to complain about which is very strange for me. I guess you would say I am in the honeymoon phase. Everyone says that this phase does not last and just wait until things start to annoy you. This whole cycle I have been through MANY TIMES makes me sad and ill. I don’t want this to be like every other guy. This one is different. How do you break the cycle…the 8 month post-honeymoon transition where everything gets bad and those butterflies go away? I know a lot of it has to do with hormones and pheromones. I wish this was not the case. I would give anything to feel the butterflies forever. I know that is not possible but maybe there is another way? I hope so because I’m sick of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

If he is the one, which he quite possibly is proving to be, then the butterflies will never go away. Yes, your entire relationship will not be like the honeymoon phase, but by no means will it become like every other relationship. This will be the one where when the guy does something to make you mad and doubt him, he will come right back with something that makes you realize life without him would not be worth it... I think that is truly the distinguishing aspect. At then end of the day, as much fun as the honeymoon phase is, finding the right person forever will give you an even greater sense of happiness :)